The Drugsline website as shown on laptop and mobile.

See it in action: http://drugsline.co.uk

In early 2018, I developed the frontend for the rebranded, mobile-first Drugsline website. I built this whilst I was working with Drew London. The charity approached the agency to build a one-page website with the ability to expand with new sections later on. The website needed to give potential service users the information they needed to reach help and get help as when they need it.

The custom-theme built on the Sage theme created by Roots. This allowed us to create new PHP functions on top of WordPress in an object-oriented way.

The 'Associates' section of the Drugsline website as displayed on a tablet device

We used Advanced Custom Fields to provide the client with access to manage their own content. I worked with the backend developer to ensure the client could manage each section of the site themselves. One area where this is most noticeable is the ‘Our Associates’ section where each staff member is dynamically displayed.

I worked alongside with the visual designer to ensure the final build was pixel-perfect and responsive. I made use of SVG’s where possible, double-resolution PNG’s where they were not. I never try to let users with high-resolution displays ever see a blurry image! Of course, with higher resolution imagery, compression was important. We used a solid Gulp process to minify our assets before deployment.

The landing view of the Drugsline website as displayed on a desktop device